CBR Innovation Network
Connect. Promote. Accelerate.
The CBR Innovation Network has been established by the ACT Government and the ACT's innovation community to play a major role in accelerating innovation and growth to maximise wealth creation and transformation of the ACT economy.
The diversification of the ACT’s economy requires a partnership between the key players to ensure that the ecosystem supports company growth and job creation. The CBR Innovation Network will work with all stakeholders to build on the strengths and opportunities of Canberra’s economy to achieve this.
The CBR Innovation Network is unique within Australia in that it’s based on a collaboration between five world-class research and education institutes in the ACT.
The following organisations make up the Foundation Members of the Network:
- University of Canberra
- UNSW Canberra
The Foundation Members and the ACT Government have committed to the Network for five years. Foundation Members have agreed to contribute $50,000 per annum per member. The ACT Government’s commitment includes ongoing financial and other support totalling more than $1 million per annum.
The CBR Innovation Network is located at Level 5, 1 Moore Street, Canberra and has approximately 1,600m2 of space. This is being used to develop a state of the art innovation space including:
- A permanent home for Entry 29 co-working space ;
- A home for the Griffin Accelerator program;
- A new incubator, the KILN Incubator, for potential high growth businesses and startups;
- Places for service providers; and
- Locating CBR Innovation Network staff.
While the CBR Innovation Network has a central and physical location, it is an ACT wide program and any company looking to innovate and grow can make use of the Network.
- STIR: Assisting Canberra's young entrepreneurs through our STIR youth platform and initiatives .
- SME Growth Program: An initiative aimed at driving small business growth and competitiveness, delivered on behalf of the ACT Government by the CBR Innovation Network .
- Collaborative Innovation Lab: The Collaborative Innovation Lab (CIL) is designed to identify, develop and facilitate collaborative opportunities for Canberra Business. The goal of the CIL is to encourage more intense intra-industry communication, collaboration and linkages.
Contact the CBR Innovation Network: