Trademarks for Start-ups – IP Australia Workshop
Organiser: IP Australia
Are you starting a business? Do you know the difference between a registered business name and a trademark?
Almost every business has a trade mark of some sort, in its words, logos or slogans, or a combination. IP Australia’s trademark workshop explains the basics behind trademark protection and helps you understand how to register for trade mark protection.
What you will learn at this workshop
- The basics of IP - overview of the Registered IP - Patents, Trade Marks, Designs
- The basics of copyright and trade secrets
- Understanding IP within your business plan, marketing and contracts
- Trade marks – what are they and what can be trade marked?
- The difference between business names, domain names and trade marks
- What to consider before you invest in your brand
- DIY trade mark application - search and apply
- The trade mark application process
- What to consider with international trade mark registration
Date: Wednesday, 10 February 2016
Venue: CBR Innovation Network
To book, or for more information, visit the registration page.