Congratulations to the seven Canberra-based businesses who have been awarded funding from the recent round of the Innovation Connect program.
Innovation Connect is the ACT Government’s flagship innovation program which provides matched-funding grants of up to $50,000 to assist early stage Canberra businesses and entrepreneurs to accelerate the development of products and services through commercialisation pathways.
Since the program was established in 2008, funding of more than $3.5 million has been awarded to 142 local businesses, and that amount was at least matched by all of the grant recipients.
This round’s successful grant recipients were:
- Burnology Pty Ltd - A web-based collaborative mapping and intelligence management system for use before, during and after emergency incidents;
- Davoodi Pty Ltd - The development of AutoMed – an automatic, self-adjusting medication system for livestock complete with a mobile and cloud-based management system and data recorder;
- Ezygene Pty Ltd - Development of a DNA diagnostic kit for identification of Pseudomonas bacteria suitable for commercial sale;
- Rosemark Water Tanks - The development of a full scale working prototype of an innovative water storage solution designed to remove space, cost and aesthetic barriers to greater water tank adoption;
- Pendulum Technology Pty Ltd - Bindle the new way to travel. A mobile application that leverages crowd sourced information to help users help themselves. Bindle enables travellers to connect with one another around the world and revolutionises the traditional travel guide as it stands today;
- MediSen Solutions Pty Ltd - The development of an electronic portal that places control of claims in the hands of the health care providers; and
- Pictionist - The goal of Pictionist is to revolutionise how people search for images and pictures within an organisation. This will be achieved through implementation of an image search engine that can be customised based on specific characteristics such as image colour, visual structure, and metadata.
Further information visit our Innovation Connect page.